mnb

mnb
<3

Monday, October 12, 2015

unconditional love- oh how wonderful.

I have been thinking about unconditional love lately... its something I seek for. I want to love unconditionally.  And that is hard for me for some reason.

My Mike and I have been married for a whopping 3 months. I love him unconditionally.  Even when he leaves his dirty socks out, or says something he doesn't mean, or leaves me to do all the dishes after I cooked him dinner- I just love the man.  And he loves me even when I complain, or say something that I don't mean, or get demanding about our home.

Mike is the oldest of 8 kids. Yes, its crazy.  I love this big family that I now get to call mine! This week we were talking to his parents on the phone and the two youngest continued to ask if they could talk to Mike on the phone until his parents finally said yes.  They both separately jumped on the phone and said "Hey Mike!! (very lovingly)  Can I talk to Brooke?!"  Not going to lie I had to boast about that one for a minute.  Those sweet kiddos make me feel like a celebrity at times.  Every Sunday we eat dinner with his parents and family or mine. We switch off every week.  Well last night was his family's week.  Again I was immediately showered with hugs and loves from each of his siblings and especially the little two.  All night they begged to sit with me or cuddle with me.
sweet little sister was so fun on the wedding day asking if she could hold my dress- I loved it!

As we drove back home last night I mentioned to Mike how grateful I am for his family's ability to unconditionally love.  Its not just his youngest two siblings, it is every single member of his family.  They are just pure and loving people.  It has been and continues to be a great blessing and an example to me of what I want to be.
Like I said- unconditional! Only my amazing father in law would take this moment to express his love. I love this family of mine!
Another person who loves unconditionally is my sweet mother. She is super woman.  As I listened to LDS General Conference a few days back I was overwhelmed by Elder Holland's talk about the pure Christ-like love of a mother. Mother's carry, bear, listen, deliver, lift, etc.  My mother does those things!  I am so very grateful for that.  When I was little she would take time out of her days to play store with me- it was my favorite. As I grew into a teenager she would sit on my bed and listen, console and talk with me.  Further, as I served a mission she prayed with all of her might, she wrote, she wept, she missed, she sent packages, etc.  Then as I came home she continued to bear the burdens of life with me.  As I got engaged and married she spent hours and hours planning every detail to perfection, creating, cleaning, unpacking. Her love is perfectly unconditional.

Our greatest example of unconditional love is the Savior.  Every act and thought was unconditional love.  And oh how wonderful it truly is to be a recipient of that unconditional love.

lots of love,
brookeydee



No comments:

Post a Comment