mnb

mnb
<3

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

a trip with dad

Miracles happen peeps.

Our office had a loan closing out in NY a couple weeks back.  My dad didn't want to go to NYC alone... because who would?  Mom couldn't go, Brylee couldn't go... so I GOT TO GO. besides the fact that it is my FAVORITE city ever and my home away from home, I had done a lot of the work for this project so it was just fitting that I got to go.

It was such a fun few days with dad.  It was our first and last trip that we got to take with just the two of us because he felt bad for taking me away from my sweet hubby.  Who I missed miserably THE WHOLE TIME.

On Friday we hit the ground running. we went to the NYC temple that I have so many fond memories in... so that was pure joy.  And we went to the Yankees and Mets game... SO FUN!

the game was at Citi field: Mets home stadium but we had to do a pass by Yankee stadium for me! 


Saturday we went to the Metropolitan museum- which is Museum heaven for me!  Central Park, Times Square, and Phantom on Broadway.  I got the chills in every song and I even cried. It was honestly breath taking.  I could see it over and over again. It was pure magic.

The metropolitan <3
PHANTOM!!!! <3 <3 <3

Sunday was really special for me.  I got to visit some dear friends that are more like family to me from the mission days.  Then dad and I hit the town again for another night at times square and on broadway- we saw Matilda and it was so good!

 Francisco is a faithful member who felt like a dad to me.  We spent Christmas with he and his wife.  His wife is not a member and we got to teach her and watch her grow in faith and understanding.  His wife had to work this weekend so we did not get to see her. But sent lots of love! 
 Joel is a convert that I got to teach and watch progress to baptism.  He is a dear friend. 


Monday was our closing so we spent the day up in NY state taking care of business.  After the meeting we hit China town and Little Italy.  We had the yummiest Italian food (gluten-free for me which was so dreamy!)  We did some sight seeing and hit up our favorite pizza shop one last time.

It was the perfect amount of time and I had an absolute blast having some quality daddy time!

I also take pride in teaching daddy the true NYC ways.

Pizza everyday X
minimum of 9 miles of walking everyday X
subway system mastery X
Coco Helado X
Bodega Sandwich X

I love my NYC.
lots of big apple lovin,
Brookeydee




No comments:

Post a Comment