mnb

mnb
<3

Friday, October 16, 2015

everyday enchiladas

I'm on a recipe kick this week apparently.

These chicken enchiladas are a major go-to these days.  Because they are so easy and quick!  Get a load of this easy and cheap dinner.  Thanks to my mommy for inspiring most of this recipe!  She made similar enchiladas all the time growing up and I loved them!

This recipe I change up.  Sometimes I add in sour cream, or corn, or onions, or peppers.  Also, if you're a red salsa lover- use that instead of green.  You can make it however you want.  Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl put one can of cooked chicken shredded with a fork.  Then add one can of cream of mushroom soup, 1/2 cup of shredded cheese, 1/4 of a diced yellow onion, 12-16 oz. green salsa, 1/4 cup of sour cream, and one can of canned diced green chiles .  If I feel like doing sweet enchiladas I pass on the chiles and do 1 can of corn instead.  Always know that I guesstimate on the serving sizes.  I eyeball everything.




I am gluten intolerant (I often refer to myself as a "glutard" thanks to a term used by a dear friend) So I use corn tortillas but you can use flour or whatever other tortilla you prefer.  I take each tortilla and fill it about 1/3 full of the enchilada guts, roll it up, and lay it in a glass 9x13 pan.  When all of the guts are gone- this will fill an entire casserole 9x13 pan, I spread sour cream, green salsa, and shredded cheese over the top of the enchiladas.  This makes this recipe! Sometimes if I am feeling extra lazy I do a casserole and don't even roll them up into separate enchiladas- I just layer the tortillas with the enchilada guts.

Then you put them in the oven for 35-40 minutes (until ends of the tortillas start to turn golden brown and cheese is cooked.)

My Mikey loves these enchiladas.  Anytime I text him a list of dinner options he always chooses these enchiladas and he loves when I do corn.  I hope you love them like we do!

RECIPE

corn (16-20) or flour (10) tortillas
1 cup of shredded cheese - separated
1 can of cooked chicken
1 can cream of mushroom soup
jar / bottle of green salsa
1/4 of yellow onion
about 1/2 cup of sour cream separated
optional- 1 can of corn
optional- 1 can of diced green chiles

Preheat the oven to 375.  Dump chicken into a mixing bowl shred with a fork.  Mix in all other ingredients. Fill about 1/3 of tortilla with enchilada insides and roll.  Cover with sour cream, salsa, and cheese. Bake for 30 minutes.  Serves 4 to 6 people.

No comments:

Post a Comment