mnb

mnb
<3

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

sweet potato fries

I have a recipe that literally made my week.  So I thought I would share!

With school and work keeping me out of my home most days from 8 am to 9 pm I do not cook like I used to.  But, I do love cooking when I have the time to do it.  I don't know about you, but I am a major sucker for some sweet potato fries accompanied by BBQ fry sauce.  This week, I thought I would take a shot at making them- and I am oh so glad I did.

First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Then, I peeled the sweet potatoes- I did two medium sized sweet potatoes which was plenty for just Mike and I.  Then I chopped them up into the best fry sized shapes I could make.




Next, I put them all in a bowl with just a little bit of olive oil.. maybe a teaspoon or two?  (I don't measure my food often.)  And I threw in some garlic salt, regular salt, and pepper.  Mixed it all up and dumped them onto the pan- covered in tin foil to ease the dishes. I spread them out so they were evenly placed: this allows them to get crispy!

I put it in the oven for 17 minutes- keep an eye on them- it depends on how you cut them up and how your oven cooks. Probably anywhere from 15-20 minutes. I pulled them out flipped most of them over (I wasn't too picky about getting every single one cause I don't believe in high maintenance cooking) and put them back in the oven for 5-10 minutes.  You have some options here depending on how crisp or soft you want the fries. If you're feeling like extra crisp switch to broil and cook for just 2-3 minutes.

I pulled them out when the edges were browning.

While the fries are in the oven for the first time- make your preferred dip.  Ours is half part Mayonnaise (made from olive oil) and half part Ketchup.  Mix well til it is an orange color, then I add in just a little bit of BBQ sauce for the smokey taste.


Mike and I were in Sweet Potato Heaven!  Its a real thing, I promise.  It makes me so happy to find a recipe that he loves just as much as I do!

Medium sized sweet potatoes (2-4 depending on amount desired)
2 teaspoons of olive oil
Garlic salt (or other preferred seasoning)
salt
pepper

preheat oven to 400.  Cut sweet potatoes into fry shape sizes. In mixing bowl mix potatoes with oil and spices.  Prepare a baking sheet with tin foil or spray.  Spread potatoes on pan evenly.  Cook 15-20 minutes.  Flip each fry to other side cook another 5-10 minutes until desired crispiness is achieved.

Dipping sauce
half part mayo
half part ketchup
quarter or less part BBQ sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment