mnb

mnb
<3

Monday, January 30, 2017

17 weeks and Grandpa Dean's Funeral

This week baby girl is the size of a pomegranate. She weighs 5 ounces and is 5 inches long from her head to her bum.


I didn't have any cravings this week.
I still cannot handle a costa vida or cafe rio salad. My brain tells me I really want one, but my stomach says NO! I also have an aversion to all the things I used to crave at the beginning like refried beans and cottage cheese make me want to die.
Movement is still very uncommon for me to feel, I only feel her in there a few times a week so it's still very special! I cannot believe how active she was during our ultrasound last week! I know I mentioned this last week, but she was kicking and moving around THE WHOLE TIME. The ultrasound tech was laughing at how active she was. I also can't believe how long and cute her tiny little legs are. I can't wait to see her! Growing a human is an amazing miracle and I am so humbled that I get to be the one experiencing this!
The only thing we bought this week was this rocking bassinet- it was on killer sale and I had an amazon gift card to use so I literally saved more than 60% on it! Baby stuff is so expensive so it's relieving when we find a good sale! We are on the lookout for sales of cribs, city select strollers, bumbos, (or another easily portable awesome high chair) and the nuna carseats.

This weekend we were in Monticello for the funeral of Mike's Grandpa. It was a beautiful service and recognition of his life. I learned so many things about him this weekend and it was so fun for me to know him more. As we were there I caught myself getting extremely emotional. Funerals always remind me how precious life really is, and to hold on tight to your loved ones. I am so grateful for the Plan of Salvation and the hope and promise it gives us that we will be together as families forever. It is a beautiful part of the gospel. It was a hard but wonderful weekend all at the same time.

Lots of love,
Brookeydee

No comments:

Post a Comment