mnb

mnb
<3

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Dear Baby Dely,

Mommy found out we were expecting you on Monday November 7, 2016 at about 5:30 in the morning. I was a week late and had been very sick and nauseated since Friday and I was experiencing other symptoms as well, so I really needed to take a test. The pregnancy test immediately showed up as positive, I didn't even have to wait. As soon as I saw it, I stared at it for a while making sure I was reading it right. After my moment of shock, I fell to my knees in tears. I was so excited to be your mommy! I have waited my entire life to be a mommy and I am so excited for this phase of my life to begin! You are so so loved little one. In those first few moments I said a prayer thanking Heavenly Father for this blessing and for trusting daddy and I to raise you. Because it was still so early in the morning, I wanted daddy to get his sleep, so I went on with my morning routine. I woke daddy up around 7 and asked him to help me with breakfast. I placed the pregnancy test right where I thought he would see it, but he walked right past it (he is very sleepy in the mornings). So I had to call him back.  He also took a moment just staring at the test before reacting. He gave me a big long hug and is so excited to meet you! Daddy talks to you everyday in my belly, even though you can't hear him yet, and I think it is so sweet!



Like I said before, I have been very sick, especially from weeks 4-8 I had morning sickness starting around 2 am and it normally lasted until the late afternoon or evening. Some days it never went away.  I spent many of my days mostly in the bathroom throwing up everything I tried to eat. I lost quite a bit of weight in those first few weeks. We are now 13 and a half weeks and things have gotten so much better! My energy is back and I am not throwing up nearly as frequently. I am grateful to be feeling better and better each day. 

I have had all sorts of food cravings and aversions.  My cravings have included, oranges, refried beans, pizza, peanut butter and jelly, anything potato, and cottage cheese (I can't begin to tell you how weird this last one is for me!!) My food cravings have also decreased over the last few weeks. The only consistent food aversion I have had is to all sweets and I have had an aversion to everything I craved after I stopped craving it, haha! My appetite is slowly coming back now which is so nice!

When daddy and I told your grandpartents that you were joining our family their reactions were priceless! Grandma Delahunty did a quiet scream and cried! Grandpa Delahunty is in Antartica right now working for a few months so we emailed him- he is very excited! Nana was absolutely shocked and so excited! And Papa was very surprised and then cried! Your grandparents love you so much! We have told your aunts and uncles too and they are so excited to meet you! Cousin Ruby is too little to understand what is going on, but we have taught her that there is a baby in my belly and she will say "hi baby" and give my belly kisses on occasion. It melts my heart! We are so glad you will have at least one cousin for now. But in a few years you'll have a lot more cousins to play with!

On December 6 we went in for our first ultrasound. I can't tell you how nervous and excited I was. I was praying that you were healthy and that we would hear your heart beat! We loved our doctor! He explained everything to us, sleep, diet, expectations, healthy activities, he told us we could still go to hawaii in May, etc! We LOVED our time with him. Then he took us in for the ultrasound. As soon as the ultrasound met my belly we saw you!! It was so fun to see your little arms and legs! You're such a cute little gummy bear right now!  Then he turned on the sound and your heart came on loud and clear! I started to tear up a bit, this is definitely one of the best moments in my life! WE LOVE YOU! We are so excited to meet you and watch you grow! We went in for another appointment this morning, and you are still growing strong and healthy! We are now 13 and a half weeks and you are past the scary pregnancy stage which is so relieving to me! I love hearing your heartbeat! I wish I could hear it more than just every 4 weeks! 
9 week ultrasound pictures, cute little gummy bear!

You are our miracle, getting pregnant this quickly on fertility treatment is very rare, we feel so very blessed!  Keep fighting and growing strong! We love you so much gummy bear! 

Love, 
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Aaaaahhhhh Brooke!!!! I'm so happy for yoouuuuu!! I love reading your blog. Also that's so awesome that you decided to try to have a baby when you felt it was right not when it made sense. "Men are that they might have joy" and the more you struggle the greater your joy when you succeed. Love you! You're an awesome example

    ReplyDelete