mnb

mnb
<3

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

our first date

March 6, 2015

I had returned home from Hawaii the day before. He wouldn't tell me what we would be doing on our date.  All I knew is he would be there to pick me up at 5.  I was so nervous, because our relationship had progressed so much over the past 2 weeks and we hadn't even seen each other in person!

As soon as I opened the door and saw him, my nerves immediately calmed down.  He came into my apartment and we talked for a while before leaving.  We drove up to draper where he took me to a bowling alley- which was closed for some tournament. {He really wanted to take me bowling because I have yet to get 100 points while bowling.. and its on my bucket list. haha!  He is so thoughtful!} So we did his back up plan.  We went to Scheels and rode the ferris wheel- this was a dream for me!  I am a sucker for romance and I thought this was oh so romantic! He put his arm around me while on the ferris wheel and it felt like home being snuggled up close to him! While he was all romantic I was a tease (as per the usual with us!) He told me he had a fear of heights: so naturally I had to rock our cart when we were at the top- don't tell!  Its against the rules.


We spent hours at scheels playing games, and taking our first pictures together and looking around at their cool gear. When we left we went to eat at Wild Zucchini- one of my favorites! There we ran into his aunt and cousin who had snapped a few stalker pictures of us on our first date- haha!


After dinner we went up to the draper temple and walked around the grounds.  I reached for his hand and have been holding it ever since!

Here is the craziest part- after leaving the temple we went to meet one another's families! Yeah, yeah.  We were on the super fast track from day one. He only got to meet some of my family and it went well.  He definitely set a great first impression. We ended the night in the family room of his house.  I met 9 of the 10 in his family.  It was immediate love for those delahuntys!  The first thing his dad asked me was "what are your intentions with my son?"  I knew at that moment we were going to get along just fine!

When he took me home that night, he went in for a kiss on my doorstep and I totally chickened out! I Hurried and opened my door and invited him to come in and meet my roommates. He stayed there for about 30 minutes talking to them before leaving. I offered to walk him out and as soon as that door shut behind me his lips were on mine! That first kiss was unreal! He gives the best kisses.

It was our perfect first date.

lots of love,
Brookeydee

No comments:

Post a Comment