mnb

mnb
<3

Thursday, May 21, 2015

how he popped the question

Saturday, March 28, 2015 yes, this is 22 days following our first date #NBD

this was taken the night we found my ring

He had purchased the ring and asked for my father's permission the week before, so I knew it could be any day! He called me in the morning and asked if we could cancel our plans to go out with my best friend and her husband.  (I thought to myself "he better propose tonight, if he is cancelling for no reason I am going to be really upset!!)  He told me we were going for a night hike and he would pick me up immediately following the general women's session of LDS general conference.  I tried not to think about it all day because I didn't want to come home disappointed that we were not yet engaged.

When he came to pick me up he was dressed nicer than I was to go "hiking" and the whole way up to the trail he was checking his phone and sending quick messages- NOT SAFE and something he doesn't normally do.  I began to feel sure we were about to get engaged.

We hiked up the trail talking and laughing, he would pause at all the look-outs to look back at the beautiful Draper temple.  The top of the trail was a waterfall.  I was surprised that there was nothing there.  At that moment I thought I was silly for being so sure we were getting engaged and convinced myself that we were really just on a hike.

On the way down we crossed a bridge, in the middle of the bridge was a glow stick.  I jokingly commented, "babe! we are not alone" in a creepy voice.  He leaned to pick up the glow stick and I freaked out.  I was very concerned that he was stealing someone else's glow stick and that he should leave it there.  He firmly said that he didn't want to leave it.  I gave in and we rounded a corner and that's when I saw more glow sticks illuminating our trail ahead and every so often the glow sticks were framing a little hand written note from Mike stating the reasons why he loves me.

I cried as I read the notes and came to the realization that it was actually happening.  It hadn't hit me like that before.  We were really getting married.  He was my forever. It was one of the best moments of my life!

Once we got to the bottom of the trail, he walked me across the street to the front of the draper temple where the words will you marry me were written in glow sticks, a bouquet of yellow flowers, and the last note.  He got down on one knee, popped out that ring box and asked me the question. I said of course, pulled him up and kissed him like I meant it!  It was a perfect engagement.

I love this bling so much. I am obsessed!


The Draper temple has a lot of symbolism for us, its where we were both endowed a few years ago, where we held hands for the first time, where we went on a romantic dancing date, and where we got engaged. It is also where we will be sealed as a family for time and all eternity on July 10, 2015.

I love Michael Delahunty and I am so excited to become his Mrs.

lots of love,
brookeydee

No comments:

Post a Comment