mnb

mnb
<3

Sunday, May 14, 2017

To My Mama

This Mother's Day is giving me all the feels. I am weeks away from becoming a mom to my own girl and I cannot let this day pass without expressing the thoughts and feelings that I have for my angel mother.

This woman has it all. She is courageous, adventurous, selfless, fun loving, quick witted, sassy in the best way, self disciplined, hard working, funny, beautiful, God fearing.. I could go on and on, but those are the big ones.


Growing up, she was perfectly tender when I needed it and perfectly firm when I needed it, and silly the rest of the time. What is her secret?? We all wish we knew. A balance I pray to find with my own children. She made it a priority to spend time with each of us one-on-one. I vividly remember her taking time away from her mile long to do list to come play store with me in my room (that was my favorite!). I remember her coming into my room and laying with me in my bed to talk to me, when I was just little and into my teenage and adult years. I remember girls nights or even quick trips to get a treat or a drink. I remember her praising us for choosing the right, being leaders, working hard (even if we had failed), and being peace makers in the home. Praising the things that truly matter, not the things the world teaches us to worship. Do you get the picture yet? She really is the perfect mom.

As I have transitioned over the years from needing everything from her to needing less of her for my day-to-day needs, she has taken on her new role as a mom of adults flawlessly. Surprise visits on the tough and good days. Keeping in daily contact without being obnoxious. Cheering us on. Helping us wherever she can. Feeding us every time we show up at her door (even when we truly are not hungry!! 😉). Offering advice. Listening when we just need an ear. Keeping up on all of the fun traditions. Continuing her Christlike example of loving God first and being a covenant keeper.


She was the one I leaned on when I had a broken heart. Or when my world seemed to come crashing in as I faced health challenges with no end in sight. She is the one I called when I was throwing up all day everyday for weeks with miserable morning sickness. She is the one that has tirelessly helped us clean and unpack every time we have moved. And she always has the perfect comfort hug when life begins to feel just a little too heavy.

I am so grateful I have her to hold my hand through the coming years as I experience motherhood, to cheer me on, to give me advice when I feel clueless. I wouldn't want it from anyone else. And I am so grateful that when I fall short as a mother, our little girl will see the example of her Nana. I cannot wait to see how she loves her unconditionally like she loves me. Having her as my mother is the greatest blessing, having her as the grandmother to my own children is even better.

Thank you, Mommy. I love you more than there are words to express. Happy Mother's Day!









Love you forever mommy, 
Brookey

No comments:

Post a Comment