mnb

mnb
<3

Monday, January 11, 2016

6 months towards our eternity


We hit our 6 month anniversary yesterday!  When people used to say "marriage is hard" I didn't really understand what they meant.  These past few months have begun to teach me exactly what that means.  Finding compromise and putting together two families and backgrounds is HARD.  There have been some really hard and dark moments.  I know there will be more in the future as well, but the last six months have also been magic.

There are few things more comforting than knowing that I get to go home to my best friend every single night.  That I get to share with him my everything.  That he honestly cares about my well being before his own.  That he will hold me, support me, make me laugh, and listen.  I love that I get to reciprocate those things right back to him, it is so rewarding.  He reminds me everyday that he was the right choice.  He reminds me everyday that my love for him continues to grow.  He reminds me everyday of our Heavenly Father's plan for us and that we get to be together forever.

Six months isn't that long, and I am grateful for that, cause I get forever!  But these first six months are something to celebrate.  How grateful I am for a wonderful husband.

Here are some of my favorite memories of our first 6 months:
-The wedding, duh
-the honeymoon.. also duh
-moving into our first apartment
-a trip to Disneyland
-getting accepted into UVU's elementary program
-buying a car together
-taking a few classes together last semester
-our first Christmas

I love these photos by the amazing Mikki Platt from our engagement session.  These are just so real and so us.




Lots of love,
Brookeydee

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being accepted to the UVU program. I hear it is a great program. Luke's wife Andrea went through the program and is teaching 6th grade in Provo. Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Arlene! I wasn't aware Andrea was apart of their program! Thats great! I may run into her at her school over the next two years.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete