mnb

mnb
<3

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Lucy's Birth
















The end of my pregnancy was rough. I was officially diagnosed with preeclampsia at 34 weeks, even though we knew I had it long before that. Each day my body got more sick. It was really hard, but we made it to 37 weeks after a scare at 35 weeks. Finally, April 9th came, a day I honestly wasn't sure we were going to make it to!

We checked into the hospital at 6:15 for my induction. Keisha and Annette were my nurses that day, and were waiting for us ready to go when we got there. I LOVED them both. For some reason I passed out before we started anything around 7. They said I was probably laying too much on my back, even though I was propped up, but this caused my blood pressure to drop, which was actually great, since the preeclampsia had made my blood pressure rise so high, it felt nice to have low BP for a while!! I was already dilated to a 3, so we were hopeful it would go pretty fast. At 7:30 the doctor came in and broke my water, they started the pitocin about five minutes later, and I had my epidural before 8:00! It was a breeze, and I never felt a real labor contraction!

My mom and sister showed up around 9, which I am so grateful for. They make labor so much more pleasant and I can't imagine doing it without their company! We just hung out until I dilated to a 5, and then they brought in the peanut exercise ball that worked so well when I was in labor with Lyla. I was dilated to a 10 just over an hour later. The doctor made it back in and it was time to push.

The doctor had told me that I was ready but that her head was still a little high so it was going to take some time while pushing. At 1:51 he told me to push for the first time, and I didn't give it my all, because he had told me it would be a minute to move her down. The next contraction came about a minute later and her head was already out! Lucy Lou was born at 1:54 pm April 9. She weighed 7 pounds and 1 ounce and was 18 and a half inches long. The moments after she was born were so peaceful and spiritual. I literally feel heaven in those first moments with a new baby and I absolutely LOVE it. I also felt so so relieved that she was here, crying, and healthy and that we made it through this pregnancy that was so hard.

Lucy has been so fun to have with us. Lyla just adores her and loves to hold her and she cannot stop kissing her! I am so excited to watch her grow and to watch these two darling sisters develop their relationship!

Lots of love,
Brookeydee

No comments:

Post a Comment